Grants for hosts of Fall/Winter Gatherings
The GCNA is pleased offer a grant program for hosts of fall/winter carillon gatherings.
For each of the seven geographic regions listed below, one grant of $1,000 will be available. (Up to seven grants may be awarded each year.)
To qualify, each gathering must:
- feature a schedule that includes at least 90 minutes of performance-based masterclasses conducted at the carillon;
- take place between September 15 and March 31; and
- be open to all GCNA members.
It is expected that most of these gatherings will be one-day events (perhaps 1.5 days), but there is no strict requirement relating to duration.
Hosts are encouraged to include recitals, lectures, open tower time, outreach activities, and other elements in the event schedule, but the only requirement is at least 90 minutes of masterclasses (which can be split into more than one session).
2022-2023 Grant Recipients
We are pleased to announce that the following two carillon gatherings will receive financial support from the GCNA in Fall 2022. (Note: While it is providing financial support to the hosts of these gatherings, the GCNA itself is not a host/organizer. Please contact the hosts listed below for more information.)
- Northeast Region Gathering on October 15-16, 2022, in Toronto, ON
- Host: Roy Lee
- Featuring a masterclass with Margaret Pan on the Metropolitan United Church's Massey/Drury Memorial Carillon (and other programming)
- For more details and the registration form, click here
- North Central Region Gathering on November 4-5, 2022, in Rochester, MN
- Host: Austin Ferguson
- Featuring a masterclass with Laura Ellis on the Rochester Carillon at Mayo Clinic (and other programming)
- The registration form and schedule are now available - registration deadline is October 15
Deadline: submit the application form by email to email@example.com by August 1.
Download the application form in Word or PDF. (Tip if using the PDF: use the Fill & Sign feature in the free Adobe Reader or another PDF program to fill and sign the form electronically.)
Potential applicants are encouraged to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org (Chair of the Board Subcommittee for Events) to ask questions or discuss their ideas informally.
Members and potential hosts within each region are also encouraged to communicate with one another to discuss their plans.
If there is more than one applicant from a region, the GCNA Board Subcommittee for Events will select the successful application from each region based on a variety of factors including: the draft schedule, the proposed budget including the affordability of registration fees, the qualifications of the masterclass instructor, the state of repair of the carillon, and the applicant's experience in hosting similar events.
Decisions will be communicated to applicants by August 15.
Past Grant Recipients
2021-2022 Grant Recipients
The following carillon gatherings received financial support from the GCNA in Fall 2021.
- Northeast Region Gathering on October 9, 2021, in Cohasset, MA
- Host: John Whiteside
- Featuring a masterclass with Ellen Dickinson on the St. Stephen's Carillon (and other programming)
- For more details and the registration form, click here (PDF) - registration deadline is September 25
- Southwest Region Gathering on October 22-23, 2021, in Austin, TX
- Hosts: The University of Texas Guild of Carillonneurs and Alex Johnson
- Featuring a masterclass with Carol Jickling Lens on the Kniker Carillon (and other programming)
- For more details and the registration form, click here (PDF) - registration deadline is September 30
Up to one event will be funded in each of the seven geographic regions listed below.
- NORTHEAST - Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, Vermont, Ontario, Quebec
- MID-ATLANTIC - District of Columbia, Delaware, Maryland, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia
- SOUTHEAST - Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee
- GREAT LAKES - Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Ohio
- NORTH CENTRAL - Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin
- SOUTHWEST - Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Louisiana, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas
- WEST - California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, Washington, Wyoming, British Columbia